Ham is a traditional Easter favorite that looks great as a centerpiece of a table. After the fun and excitement of hiding and finding eggs, opening gifts from Easter baskets, an easy lunch or dinner of Ham is great to share with family and friends.
How to cook ham
A 6-pound ham takes a while to cook, but is ultra-easy to prepare. This will serve about 12 people. In the last 15/20 minutes of cooking you can cover the ham in glaze. Use 1 cup of glaze for every 5 – 10 pounds of ham.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Place the ham in a shallow pan and then bake for about one and a half hours (1 1/2hrs).
Here’s a great apple chutney recipe to go with the ham:
3 green apples
1/2 red bell pepper
1 poblano chile
2 jalapeno chiles
2 cups rice wine vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel, core and dice the apples, then dice the bell pepper and chile peppers.
- In a large saucepan bring the vinegar to a boil and stir in the brown sugar until it is dissolved. Add the chile peppers and bell pepper. Boil for about 8 minutes. Add the apples and simmer until they are tender, but not mushy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Then remove and allow to warm to room temperature to serve.